Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Quiet Things We've Learned to Fear


After looking at my images collected from my walk through the city, I noticed many of my clips and stills shared little, to nothing in common. The themes were scattered and I found little color similarities or common images throughout. Initially, I was confused as to where I could go with such dynamic subject matter and then was given the idea of a mini-narrative.

With such sporadic clips, I set out to portray the visual of a man running through the woods, revealing memories and images while he engages in an exasperating chase. I believe, while running, these images from his memory creep back into his head but despite his best efforts to suppress them, in order to keep focuses, they still continue to haunt him. While the images may seem harmless when looked at alone, I think on closer inspection of ourselves we would find that things we fear, are in some cases, not frightening at all. In the last portion of the piece, the point of view is switched to reveal the character and what it is he's chasing.

Please click the image above to access the clip, enjoy.

No comments: